More Interactive Map Products
- Latest Version
- Released On
- File Size
- 13th May 2013
e.g. Nederlands, Français, Deutsch, Portugiesisch, Spanisch , 日本語の , 中文 & العربية
Supported OS platform
For Desktop version:
Microsoft Windows 98/ME/XP/Vista/7
For Web App:
Windows / Mac / Linux
* Requires Flash Player 8 or above
Map file format:
Flash .SWF file
- Clickable interactive map
- Embed to your web site and share with everyone
JPG / PNG image file
- Import JPG/PNG image to use as map template
- Export interactive flash map to JPG format
- Easily embed with your presentation & documents
For advanced interactive map maker:
- Interactive Map Software: FAQ
- Interactive Map Software: User Guide
- XML Flash Map template
- Flash Map .FLA Source
- World Map with multi-level zoom in
- Custom made interactive map samples
Discuss everything about iMapBuilder and interactive maps in our support forum.
Interactive Map Solutions
- Turkish Airlines Airline Routing Maps
- Interactive map for Business Branch Offices and Store Locations
- Interactive map for Public Health
- Interactive map for Education
- Interactive Map for Public Transit and Transport
- Interactive street mapping
- Interactive map for Airline
- Interactive map for Real Estate
- Interactive map for Finance
- HTML5 Interactive Map Editor
Interactive Map Resources
- Defining Hidden Business Relationships with Online Business Mapping Tools
- Use Online Maps to Generate Powerful Presentations with Accurate Customer Data
- Plan Your Trip and Create Itinerary from Online Maps
- Using Google Maps to Understand Product Use and Popularity and Boost Sales
- Using Detailed Google Maps When Traveling or Choosing Hotels
- Using Maps to Visualize the Global Supply Chain
- Find Health Clinics and Care Centers Using Google Maps
- The Benefit Of Using Flash Maps For Data Integration And Presentations
- European Real Estate Investment By Country – Looking At The Global Picture
- Use Interactive Map to Show Military Presence Around World Countries
- Interactive Maps for Urban Development Tracking
- How the Airline Industry Uses Websites to Save Their Passengers Time
- Spice-Up Your Geography Lectures with Interactive Maps
- How Interactive Maps Can Help in the Worldwide Deployment and Installation of Military Units
- Role Of Land Use Interactive Maps In Land Development
- Interactive golf map
- Create interactive userguide
- Create interactive food menu
- How Interactive Image Maps Enhance Your Website
- Interactive European Countries Map (German, France, Italy, Spain, etc)
- Embed multiple interactive maps on website
- US Real Estate Map Online
- Interactive World Map: an easy way to create any possible applications
- Create an interactive Flash calendar using custom image
- iMapBuilder map icons and symbols
- Create interactive election map
- Create interactive pie charts
- Create interactive bar charts
- Create interactive mind map
- Create interactive human anatomy
- Create interactive travel map
- Create interactive population map
- Create interactive population density heat map
- Create interactive top tourist attractions map
- Create interactive family tree
- Edit map region settings using grid, clipboard or Excel
- Advantages of editable website maps
- Embedding Flash interactive map to Wordpress blog
- Hightlight grouped areas in an interactive map
- Match Business Data with Geographical Data Using Fusion Tables
- Plot Dealer Locations with Online Mapping Tools
- Using Google Maps to Provide Visual Asset and Shipment Tracking
- Using Real Time Traffic Overlays with Google Maps to Improve Deliveries
- The Practical Uses for Online Maps in Displaying Coverages and Measuring Distance
- Interactive Maps Let You Filter Information by Region
- Online Maps Make Great Adventure Trip Companions
- Finding Property In Europe – Filter By Region Through Clickable Maps
- Interactive Plot Maps - How Different People Can Use Them
- How Interactive Homesite Mapping Can Help Home Buyers and Real Estate Investors
- Plan Your Journey Easily with Google Interactive Maps
- Interactive Maps to Facilitate Teaching of History and Related Research Work
- Interactive bookshelf
- Interactive shopping directory map
- Interactive sky map
- Interactive diagram
- Create image map rollover
- Create interactive electrocardiography
- Create interactive stock chart
- Adding placemarks to interactive map using Longitude and Latitude
- Adding labels to interactive map using Longitude and Latitude
- Adding lines to interactive map using Longitude and Latitude
- Adding curves to interactive map using Longitude and Latitude
- Create interactive home showroom
- Create interactive flowchart
- Editable Interactive China Map
- Interactive Pinpoint Store Locator Map of USA for website and examples
- Create interactive airlines route maps with flight & airport info
- Interactive US Map: clickable Flash US map for website
- Create a multi-level Flash map
- Add placemarks to locate major cities on an interactive map
- Create an editable heat map using map chart software
- Add transition effect to an interactive map
- Define and add your own custom clickable area
- New! Making Interactive HTML5 map for Websites
- New! Accomplish Data Collection by using Crowdsourced Mapping Tool
Custom Interactive MapsReal-Estate, Dealer Maps, Branch Offices Locators
iMapBuilder - Interactive Map Software FAQ
This may because you are opening the project created from demo version, please load your project and go to mainmenu File > Update Map in project to update your map.
I would like to use iMapBuilder to create clickable photos of our networks with images like our server room and cubicle layouts with mouse-rollover information pertaining to what equipment is located where, etc. I don't need the maps of the US or World. Which version should I buy?
If you don't need any of the map template, you simply need to register the iMapBuilder Developer version,which is the standalone version iMapBuilder without map templates.
Yes you can purchase a single map template individually, with the option to purchase the iMapBuilder software as a bundle. Please find details on the Single Map Template Purchase page
Yes you can purchase either a county map template individually, or purchase the US county map template which includes county maps of all 50 states. Please find details on the US County Map Template Purchase page
I will be the only person creating maps using iMapBuilder, and only our intranet users will be using the maps that are created. What product license do I need to purchase?
As you are the only person creating maps using iMapBuilder, the [Single User License] is suitable for you. If you need to install iMapBuilder on multiple PCs or display the maps on more than 1 website, you may then consider the [Site License] or [Corporate License]. Please find details on the iMapBuilder Software Registration page
When preview the flash map locally, I get a message "Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation" or the hyperlink is not working, what cause this to happen?
If this happens, it is usually because of Adobe security measure prevent a local flash application connect to remote hyperlink, the problem will be solved after uploading the flash map to server.
After you have created your own Flash map, please click the "Publish" button and publish to a folder on your computer. A HTML page will be created automatically with the Flash map embedded. You can edit the HTML page by any HTML editor and upload to your server. You can also reference to our online user guide on embedding flash map to webpage using dreamweaver
You can create flash map in iMapBuilder however PowerPoint won't be able to support it directly (as PowerPoint cannot import Flash directly).
1. You create flash map using iMapBuilder, save it as a flash map (which will produce a HTML page). I believe in PowerPoint you can create a link to a HTML file, which will open up a BROWSER automatically for displaying the map with the interactive functions.
2. You create a map in iMapbuilder, add all the points then export it as JPG for importing into PowerPoint. But the mouse-click actions would need to be added by yourself inside PowerPoint.
I saw a grey border frame with the message "Click to activate and use this control" when I roll my mouse over my Flash map. How to remove them from my Flash map?
iMapBuilder's map file is in SWF format, and it can only be edit using iMapBuilder software. You can use Frontpage or Dreamweaver to edit the HTML page content which the Flash map was embedded in.
The iMapBuilder is Windows software only. However, the published files are readable in any browsers from Windows, Mac OS or Linux which supports the latest Adobe Flash player.
For the Mac/Linux OS user, you can consider our XML Flash map products at http://www.flashimap.com/xml_map.php
This map can easily be edited using any text editor -- it allows the users to set the color, link, active or deactivate a state by changing the setting in the XML file.
Font style can be set using the icons next to the Text field under "Label of this point" section.
If you have Adobe Flash knowledge, you can create your own icons and put into the folder "icon" where you install the software. You need to confiq the stage size of the icon to nearly the same as the icon size and it should only contain graphic but no any actionscript. After you restart the iMapBuilder, you should be able to select the custom icon from the icon list.
You can click on button at the bottom of the screen to add tooltips/infobox. Please refer to our user guide for details.
Please request your download link again using our order tracking form at http://ordertracking.a4support.com
Apart from using the ready-made map templates offered by your software, is it possible to create other map types such as farmer market map, campus map, street map, weather map and congressional districts map? How can I show the stalls available for rent?
Yes. The easiest way for you to do this is using [Import Custom Map Image] function in iMapBuilder, which allows users to import any map image you might have already in JPG/PNG/GIF format. You can then use iMapBuilder to add points, icons, lines, mouse rollover functions to the map to locate the stalls and make it interactive.
Normally, we will use it like:
If you are a Mac user, you can consider our XML Flash Map templates at FlashiMap.com
iMapBuilder has also launched an online map version for Mac users to create the maps via the browsers without installation of software.
For details, please visit http://www.imapbuilder.com/interactive-map-online/
I am looking at your webpage for ordering your software and it is broken down into 4 different costs. I need a basic package, and I only use the Michigan County Map, but we will be using around 200 pushpins on each map that we do and wondered what software version would be the best for our needs.
There are different iMapBuilder packages -- the starter pack contains only 3 map templates while the studio package contains 56 map templates.
If the only map you need to use is the Michigan County map, you can simply order it directly from the US county map page, at:
On this ordering page, you will see:
\"3. iMapBuilder Developer Version (optional):\"
As you need to add pushpins on the map, please include this option when select the Michigan County Map. If you want to order other single maps, you can also purchase at http://www.imapbuilder.com/registration/single_map.php
1. Account with admin rights is required to install iMapBuilder.
2. It is recommended to use the same user account in both installation and running iMapBuilder.
3. If admin rights are not granted to user account for some reasons, you should
- download the version v2.52 or above
- install the iMapBuilder using the account the admin rights
- running the iMapBuilder using an account with the read/write permission to his/her user application data folder
Note: You can open a window explorer to access user application data folder by typing "%appdata%"
4. Installing on a share environment is not recommended because iMapBuilder is not designed to run in share environment.
If you need to reinstall iMapBuilder, it is suggested to remove the old copy of iMapBuilder, clear up the temporary folder and reinstall the new copy of iMapBuilder.
Please try the following step to install the imapbuilder software:
1. Close the iMapBuilder software
2. Uninstall the iMapBuilder
3. Open a Window Explorer, type in %appdata% navigate to the user's application data folder
4. Search for "iMapBuilder" folder and delete this temporary folder
5. Install the iMapBuilder with an administrative account.
I am looking for a map that can be used on documents, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, slideshow, etc. Do you have something that can handle this and is easily updatable?
You can export the map into JPG image for document/Powerpoint presentation, but you will lose the interactive functions such as tooltips and infobox in a static image.
You can publish and upload the whole folder /iMapBuilder/ to your server and paste the embed code generated by the map program into the HTML view of content editing page in your Joomla's Administrator account.
You can also use our iMapBuilder online version to create the map, and paste the embed code directly to Joomla's page to display the map.
The starter pack is provided for users who just need regions (e.g. country, or state) to be clickable, and without demo/watermarks. They can buy the software at lower price as they do not need the points/line functions. The registered version allows them to create maps without watermarks, and can link each state to a specific web page as needed.
How can I embed the interactive map into online website builder which doesn't come with FTP facility?
If you are using a website builder without a site directory, we suggest you try iMapBuilder online -- which is the browser based version of iMapBuilder, and requires no FTP to your
server, therefore avoid any file structure problem.
You can signup a free account at http://www.imapbuilder.net/, create a map, get the HTML code, and then simply copy and paste to your sitebuilder in HTML mode. This should display the map correctly within your sitebuilder generated page.
How can I embed the interactive map into Wordpress, Joomla, Yahoo! SiteBuilder, Drupal, Microsoft Expression Web and other CMS or blog?
We have an intranet site (1 domain) which has 1 admin account to create the map and about 3000 users to view. We're not sure what is 1 user 1 domain is? - is that 1 viewer or 1 update/creator?
iMapBuilder licenses are tied to users who install the software for creating maps. For single user license, install iMapBuilder on both desktop and laptop which own by the paid user is granted.
Each license also grants the rights to embed / distribute maps on equal number of website domains. There is no any limitation on number of website visitors who view or use the map.
For 1 user 1 domain, it means you can install iMapBuilder for using by 1 developer, and you can use the maps on multiple pages on your website (1 domain). It does not matter if you will have 100, or 3000 users to view the map.
Therefore for your intranet site (1 domain), if only 1 admin person will use the software to create the map (viewers are unlimited), the single user license is suitable for you.
We are using the grouping regions feature. When clicking on a group, we'd like a single pop-up to display with information on the group. Would this be possible with iMapBuilder?
iMapBuilder has group highlight feature which allows user to group some regions together and apply the same color to the group. When viewers rollover a region, other regions belonging to the same group will also be highlighted at the same time.
If you need the region in same group showing the same information when rollover and navigate to the same url address when click, you are required to fill in the same tooltip information/url address for the region in the same group.You can select "switch to grid edit mode"under the Countries Setting tab, you can then simply copy and paste the same information/url address to same group easily or you can also export/import from Excel Unicode Text (.txt).
You can already do this with the test version. All iMapBuilder maps can work offline without any Internet connection. You can test this by publishing a map project to one of your folder, and then open the map directly inside the folder.
iMapBuilder (for Windows) install the software on your local PC, and all project files are also stored on your local PC. Once the map is published, the map files should be uploaded to your own web server for viewing.
iMapBuilder Online is a 100% web based application. There is no installation required. You simply need to use it use your web browser, all files are stored on iMapBuilder's server. To publish the map, you simply need to copy and paste few lines of code and insert to your web page, no file uploading is required.
iMapBuilder for Windows is suitable for you if you prefer to edit maps and store them locally, and have your own web server for hosting the maps. iMapBuilder online is easier to use if you have no FTP experience, or have no server to host the maps (e.g. if you are using an online site builder).
You can click here to view more about the differences between two version.
Please visit our userguide of how to intall map packages.
iMapBuilder has 3 longitude / latitude map templates, they are World Countries, United States Mainland and United States (GEO) maps. All maps can be purchased individually at our registration page while the World Countries map is also included in Studio pack of iMapBuilder for Windows.
How does your online and downloaded software produce interactive maps sized to fit smartphones, such as iPhone/iPad, Blackberry, Android, MS Mobile 7?
Our map products are targeted to desktop platforms. They are using Flash technology so any mobile devices with Flash Player installed can browse our maps (except iOS-based devices like iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad).
If you want to develop maps for mobile devices, we may suggest doing with Google Maps. There are relevant APIs from Google, which allows you to develop maps for mobile devices.
Why does the map I uploaded comes out all wrong? The map does not show and the points are scattered everywhere?
This happened probably because you have changed the imported map image. As the pinpoint are located relative to the map image (let's say a 800x600 map image), the pinpoint should be within 800x600, if you change to another dimension map image (say 1024x768), the coordinate of the already added points will be incorrect afterwards. It is better to preview in the imapbuilder software before uploading.
If you have no problem in the imapbuilder software preview, then it should be the problem in uploading, for example, the files are not completely uploaded.
Can I import flowcharts (iGrafix/pdf) to the imapbuilder?
The file format iMapBuilder can import includes GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP. Therefore you could export your existing flowchart into one of these formats, and then import into iMapBuilder to add interactive functions.
If I buy the imap builder, can I easily add the Google Map layer to the maps?
iMapBuilder (for windows) can import Google Map as static image. For example, you would have to export Google Map as a JPG/PNG file first, then import into iMapBuilder.
If you need the full functions of Google Map with customize options, you can consider iMapBuilder Online (at http://www.imapbuilder.net). After you login, you will see a Google Map Editor, which allows you to easily create a Google Map, and then add interactive points and locations.
Can I add video in the map?
The current version of iMapBuilder does not support videos.
Customization is required.
My Question is not listed...
We are always looking to improve our service to our customers, so if your question is not listed here, make sure you Contact Us, so that we can provide you and our future customers with a valuable answer to all required questions.