Discuss everything about iMapBuilder and interactive maps in our support forum.
Sample of interactive maps
Add points to a map project
You can also add icons and labels your flash map.
Add icons to flash map
- To add icon, you can click on the icon at the top.
- You can choose the different icons, set it's rotation angle, size,
and set a text beside the icon, with different position (top/bottom/left/right).
For setting the text position beside the point, you can select Top/Bottom/Left/Right.
So the position will be changed, for example:
To change the angle and the size of icon, you can insert the number here:
For changing and importing icons, please refer to http://www.imapbuilder.com/user-guide/select_and_import_icons.php
- You can also config the mouse event for the icon, e.g mouseover event and mouseclick event, add different style tooltips when mouse over an icon, add an image, set it's background color, border, opacity, width and font style.
- And finally, you need to define the location where you want to put the icon, click on the area and you will get a RED "X", you can click on the other location to change the point location.
- Click Apply to confirm this changes and the selected icon will be add to the map.
- You can also click the point under List of Items to Edit or Delete previous point
Adding tooltips on a point
You can also add a tooltips to display information on mouse over.
Add tooltips to flash map
- To add tooltips, you can click Mouse Over Event tab, select different style of tooltips and add descriptions. Unlike the Infobox style, the tooltips will disappear when you mouse away from the point.
- There are three tooltips styles for users to choose from.
The first style:
It allows you to set the font style, background color, opacity and tooltip width.
The second style:
You can set the font style, opacity, tooltip width, background and border color.
- Click and you will see a tooltips when users mouse over the point.
The third style:
The font style and color can be specified.
Adding infobox on a point
You can also add a infobox on a point for showing image and text. To add infobox, you can click on the Mouse Click Event or Mouse Over Event tab, select different style of infobox, add description and image to the infobox.
Mouse Over Event
1. An infobox will be displayed when users move the mouse over an icon, while users can close it by clicking the [x] icon. There are two infobox styles for you to choose from.
The text is next to the associated image.
The text is placed under an image.
2. You can config different color of infobox, opacity, border color, symbol color and the size of image and text area of infobox box. Click to save the settings.
Mouse Click Event
1. An infobox will be displayed when users click an icon, while it will be closed by clicking the [x] icon. There are two different mouse over events to choose from, The two styles are the same as those in Mouse Over Event, where you can configure the font style, insert image, set the color, etc. Click to save changes.
You will see an infobox when mouse over/mouse click the icon.
Anchor info box position
You can place the info box in different position of the map either in mouse click event or mouse over event.
First, pin a point and create a mouse over/click event. Choose the first two type of info boxes on the left. The "Anchor the infobox to" option will be appeared.
You can choose to place the info box next to the Placemark or Center/ right/ left/ top/ bottom/ top right/ top left/ bottom right/ bottom left of the map. Total 10 positions.
For example, when you choose top right corner of the map.
You will see your info box appear on the top right of the map and so on.
Redirect the point to another website
You can select 'URL Address' in 'Mouse Click Event', and enter a hyperlink (e.g., http://www.server.com) and redirect users to another page. The new page can be displayed in the same window, pop up window or others.
For more information about configuring tooltip settings, please read here.